Only 15 Seats available. All seats FREE to qualified applicants.
Seminar Dates: October 28 to November 17, 2011
Seminar Location: Vrndavana-dhama, India
The BBT has established this exceptional annual event where you’ll have the chance for association with fellow devotional artists, paint in the holy dhama and learn techniques and training Srila Prabhupada gave BBT artists. Dhriti dasi and Ramdasa Abhirama dasa, well known BBT artists, will be again be teaching this year’s seminar. Don’t miss this chance to cultivate your devotional art.
Why you should be there:
- Associate with senior Prabhupada disciples trained in art to his standards
- Learn new techniques
- Further imbibe the devotional mood of painting spiritual subjects
- Learn Srila Prabhupada’s instructions about painting
- Learn the procedures gleaned from the BBT art department to complete work
- Special opportunity to paint Krishna in Vrndavana-dhama
Deadline for applications: August 30. 2010
This seminar free to 15 applicants who meet our qualification standards. You will be expected to arrange for your travel, accommodations and meals in Vrndavana.
Paints, and canvasses will be provided. You should bring your own portable easels and brushes and are welcome to bring your own paints.
Each student will be painting a Radha-Krsna scene of their choosing in oils on canvas. You will decide on the scene you will paint prior to the seminar *and* will bring with you photographic (and/or other) references you will use during the seminar to complete the painting. No one is expected to fully complete their painting during the seminar.
The first step is to complete the online registratiion form hosted at Friends of the BBT site.
If you are a repeat student then no further action is needed. We will reply to confirm your acceptance in the seminar.
If you are a new student then you must submit the following:
- An electronic portfolio (scans of your art ).
- A letter describing yourself, your devotional interests and how you see your career in devotional art. Specify if you have experience in working with oils on canvas.
Submit your written statements and electronic portfolio to ArtSeminar@friendsofthebbt.org.
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you!